50 to 100 hair loss per day is called hair shedding which is normal. If hair shedding is not stopping and hair shedding is excessive(100-150 hair loss per day), called hair loss.
Female pattern baldness and male pattern baldness is called androgenetic alopecia.
Androgenetic alopecia, as the name suggests that it involves the hormone androgens, which is a male hormone.
It’s essential for the important function of both male and females sex drive, and for hair loss also. In that case, hair loss is in the pattern. It affects the front and the top of the scalp.
In the male, the hair loss often starts from both temple and receding the hairline from the front and become M-shaped.
While in women it starts from thinning of hair. Male pattern hair loss is due to mainly genetics and dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
In the female pattern, causes of hair loss are still unclear, maybe someday the doctor finds out that.
The female pattern is quite different from the male pattern. In women, hair starts to thin all over the head. The female pattern cannot lead to total baldness.
It is the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women.
- Thinning of hair on the scalp can be the main sign of hair loss in men.
- Hairline shifts back.
- Horseshoe-shaped like pattern start to become
Sign in women
- Hair thinning
Sign in young adults
- Loss of patches of hair
- Hair loss all over the body.
Hair can grow anywhere in your body except palm and sole of your feet. They are made with the protein called keratin and produced in the outer layer of skin.
It can grow up to six inches in a year. The hair you see is a dead keratin cell.
Men lose their hair more, likely than women. why? I explain it on later, but hair loss and thinning of hair, is also common in female, reason can be anything temporary like vitamin deficiency to very complex like a health issue.
Cause Hair loss
Hair loss in men is a very psychologically disturbing issue that most men faced in the 20s, 30s, and 40s. I think you are also at that age. Fortunately, there are treatments available for hair loss in men.
Taking a hot water bath, excessive use of hair dryer should be avoided.
2. Poor blood circulation
Our nutrients flow in our body through the blood. If there is poor blood circulation in the scalp area, then nutrient will not reach the scalp area. And this can cause hair loss.
You should message three to four times a week. You should use coconut oil, almond oil or mustard oil. You can exercise to improve blood circulation.
3. Increase in dihydrotestosterone
Testosterone is a hormone that all men are aware of because it mainly found in men. It gives men, man’s quality like deeper voices, sex drive, and muscular growth.
when your body converts the testosterone more in DHT then it attacks the hair follicles, and cause hair thinning and at last cause hair loss.
90% of the time, hair loss in men caused by dihydrotestosterone (THD).
Medication can cause hair loss in men. Mainly if you have gone through chemotherapy. Some antidepressants may result in hair loss and too much vitamin a can also cause the hair loss.
5. Too much experiment on hair
This means your hair is triggered by you use too much hair dryer, very hot bath with hair, hair shedding etc. can cause hair loss.
6. Hormonal imbalance
Hormonal imbalance can cause numerous amount of disease. Like weight gain, a health issue and hair loss. Hormones play a very important role in the growth of hair.
Oestrogens are hair friendly hormone which helps to keep hair growth in a short time.
Excess of androgens can cause hair loss. If you have genetics follicles sensitivity, then this type of hormone imbalance can cause thinning of hair and hair loss
Stress can cause hair loss in both, men and women. When you are in stress this raise androgen levels, which can cause hair loss. Stress can increase the scalp problems, dandruff and mess with your digestive system which all lead to hair thinning.
8. Female hormone
Like pregnancy hormones can cause hair loss, so using birth control pills can also cause hair loss more likely if your family history of hair loss. Androgen receptor on the scalp becoming activated. The hair follicles will miniaturize and start more hair loss
Pregnancy can cause physical stress that can cause hair loss. Pregnancy hair loss is seen more in after the delivery rather than during pregnancy.
10. Hereditary or genetically
You can get this problem genetically which mean you will see a gradual decrease in hair volume. Some hair follicles (where hair is made out layer our skin) are sensitive to male hormone due to this, follicles reduce gradually. And the hair becomes thinner and thinner.
11. Iron deficiency
Almost 1 in 10 women at the age of 20 suffers from anemia. This is one of the most common causes of hair loss, especially in women. Iron is necessary for producing hair cell protein.
12. High or low thyroid
Thyroid gland helps in the metabolism of the body in the production of tissue and protein use of oxygen. So the thyroid imbalance can affect hair follicles. Hypothyroidism remains untreated, it may cause anemia (iron deficiency) which will affect her. Obviously, in a negative way.
13. B12 vitamin deficiency
If you feel tired and lower energy than this can be due to B12 deficiency. But its effect little more than that Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause hair loss because it affects red blood cells each carries oxygen to your tissue.
14. Due to age
If you are entering an age of the 50s and 60s, this could be the main reason for hair loss and hair thinning.
15. Excessive vitamin
Excessive of the vitamin can cause hair loss. According to the research of the American Academy of Dermatology, The daily value of vitamin A is 5000IU per day.
16. Immune system related to hair loss
This is called alopecia areata and it is the result of overactive of the immune system. The immune system sees the hair as a threat and targets it.
For this hair loss, steroid injection should take.
If you had cancer previously then you have taken some drugs to beat cancer these drugs can cause hair loss. These drugs can cause a very high rate of hair loss.
18. Bad diet
Bad diet is one of the common reasons for hair loss in both men and women. If you are not taking a healthy diet for a long time, then your hair will start losing because hair needs nutrient.
- Minoxidil, Propecia, and low-level laser light therapy are the only medically and clinically proven methods to treat hair loss. And most of the people don’t know about that
- 25% of men who had hair loss begin to see their first signs of hair loss before age 21.
- About 40% of sufferers of hair loss are women. At the age of 50 almost 50% of all women dealing with hair loss.
- Hair loss sufferers increase to double in between the years 2004 to 2008 from 361,077 to 811,363.
- Your 50% hair loss from your scalp before it appeared to anyone.
- 2 out 5 women have female pattern hair loss by the time they reach menopause.
- Around 50% of men have noticeable hair loss by the time they reach at the age of 35, and it will increase to 85% by the age of 60 years.
- Normal hair loss considers to between 50 to 100 hair per day.
- The average scalp contains 100,000 hairs.
- Genetics causes hair loss in almost 20% of the cases and Alopecia Areata affects 1% of the total cases.
- About 3 adults out of 4 experiences hair loss when they were in the 20s or just starting out the carrier.
- As you become the older rate of growth of hair will be slower.
- Some people love her more than money. In the transplant surgery survey, 43.2% of people said that they would take thicker and fuller hair over the full wallet.
- In a survey of 2012, there was 971,000 hair loss issue, while over 250,000 of them live in the US. and 400,000 of them live in Asia.
- In 2016, there were 635,189 people passes through f surgical hair restoration procedures.
- More men pass through the surgical hair restoration procedures. Men were 85% and women were 14.3% of surgical hair restoration procedures In 2016, 16. In 2016, 92.2% of hair fall patients had age between 26 to 45, 47,5% had age between 26 to 35 and 44.7% had age between 36 to 45.
- In 2016, there were 1,838,946 people who had gone through hair loss treatment both SURGICAL AND NON-SURGICAL.