Finding keto-friendly Chinese food is a little bit hard but you will.
If you are thinking about the restaurant, well in some restaurants, there is a separate menu for low-carb eaters. If you are not sure what to eat just ask them for help.
Just remember you shouldn’t cross a maximum 50 g carbs barrier in a keto diet.
There are the 5 Best low carbs and keto-friendly Chinese dishes
Egg and soup are Chinese keto-friendly soup made with eggs, green onion, cornstarch, and chicken broth. If you are looking for keto-friendly Chinese soup, then this is just for you.
Egg drop soup is low in calories and carbs, and high in protein. 1 cup (241) of egg drop soup contains 5 grams and 60 calories. So you can say that Egg drop soup is keto-friendly. So this dish is one of the best Chinese keto food because it is low in carbs too.
It will take less than 15 minutes to prepare.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Onion inner white part
- 1 tablespoon of chicken stock
- Salt according to taste
- ¼ tablespoon of white papers
- The green part of the onion
- Crack two eggs in a bowl and stir it well.
- Pour two cups of chicken stock in a pot or just add water if you are out of chicken stock.
- Add onion to chicken stock and boil it.
- And add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water together.
- Add this mixture to the boiling chicken stock slowly and stir at the same time.
- After 1-minute later stock should start slightly thicken.
- Now start adding eggs and stir the stock while adding the egg.
- Now your soup is ready. Add white papers and salt according to your taste.
- Serve it in a bowl and spring some green part of the onion
This is the most basic Egg drop soup that you will find in your local Chinese restaurants. It contains 5-6 g carbs. You can skip corn starch because the corn starch contains carbs. Corn starch makes it thicken. But if you are making this way. This also contains less than 5 g carbs.
Moo shu is usually served with rice and pancakes.
But at this time you are following a low carb keto-friendly diet. Pancakes and rice are not keto-friendly.
So you have to replace that, but without this is also moo shu is delicious Chinese food.
One serving (148 g) of Moos Shu without pancakes contains 161 calories, 9 g carbs, and 18 g fats.
Moo Shu pork will take 20 minutes to prepare.
- 2 – 2 cups of oyster sauce and soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- Half cup of hoisin oil
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms
- 2 whisked eggs
- 500 g of pork or chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 400 g coleslaw
- 4 scallions
- Mix hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and black pepper all together. And divide this soup into two portions – for meat and one as a sauce.
- Add meat (chicken or pork) to one portion of the soup and toss or mix them until the meat is evenly coated with the soup and leave it for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat 2 oil in a pan and add whisked eggs and let it cooked until an omelet is formed. Transfer the egg aside and chop the omelet into small pieces.
- Again, put a teaspoon of oil in a pan and put it on the stove on high heat. Transfer the meat to the pan from the soup.
- Break the meat up, saute and stir until it’s cooked and tender. It will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat aside, it is ready
- Add oil to the pan with the mushrooms and scallions. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the second portion of the soup with this. Cook it for another 2 minutes. Put it in the chopped egg and cooked meat and mix them well.
- Add peppers and salt, add onions.
- Now it’s ready and serves it, serve it immediately.
Steamed meat and chicken are also the best keto Chinese food to eat. They usually used broccoli and chicken.
Steaming does not mean that your food will be tasteless, boring. If you are in a restaurant, order this, your Tommy will be filled before even crossing keto limits. It is very low in carbs but high in fiber and protein.
one serving (261g) of steamed broccoli and chicken contains 11 g of carbs, 37 g protein, and 220 total calories. It is very high in protein, potassium, and vitamin C.
Although it is low in fats. But looking at the stat, 261 g contains 11 g which is equal to 4.4 g carbs per 100g.
You can also order steamed meat and greens in Chinese restaurants, these are low in carbs, high in protein, and easily available at any restaurant. You can eat without counting on them.
- 250 g broccoli
- 280 g breast chicken
- sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- A pinch of pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds.
- Garlic sauce or tomato sauce
- Cut 250 g of broccoli into florets
- After that Cut 280 g of chicken breast into slices.
- Once you ready for boiling. Put a couple of inches of water in the bottom of the steamer and bring the heat to high.
- Put the chicken into the steamers and let it be there for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli to the chicken in the pot and would take another 5 minutes and it is ready to serve.
- Now the delicious part comes when seasoning it on the plate when cooking is done.
- Top with a little bit of toasted sesame oil, splash soy sauce, a pinch of pepper flakes, sprinkle garlic powder, and top with sesame seeds.
- You can add some extra ingredients and changes the topping with things you like such as garlic sauce, or tomato sauce. But don’t add anything that contains sugar or carbs such as a sweet sauce etc.
Egg foo young is a Chinese omelet. But it is not just an omelet, it is a Chinese omelet they add ingredients, onions, meat, mushrooms, sauce, and many others, makes it very delicious.
More than that it is very low in carbs and it’s keto-friendly. You can call it keto Chinese food.
Egg fu yung is full of protein cause of its ingredients, vegetables, meats, etc.
One serving (86 g) of Egg Foo Young Shrimp contains 99.3 calories that come from 2.3 g carbs, 2.3 g carbs, 8.3 g protein, and 6.3 g fat. It’s really a keto-friendly Chinese diet cause its about 60% calories come from fat and 34 % calories come from carbs.
Its another version like beef, pork also contains carbs similar to this but can vary a little bit.
- 5 eggs
- Oyster sauce
- Shaoxing wine
- Sesame oil
- Pinch of pepper and salt
- Soy sauce
- Raw leafy vegetables
- Mix oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, and pepper together and make a mixture.
- Mix meat (pork, beef, chicken, or shrimp) with oyster sauce and soy sauce. If meat pieces are large then make them small pieces.
- Put eggs in this mixture
- Add any raw vegetables, it would be better if you use green leafy vegetables
- Cook this like a normal omelet.
- Now it is ready to serve.
There are many options available to make clear soup.
If you are in restaurants you should always ask for clear soup because other shops can contain high cards vegetables and many other ingredients that can contain high carbs.
The clear soup is generally very low in carbs. The most portion is just water and they are very healthy.
But if you are making clear soup at home, you can add, high carbs vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, ginger just for flavor but don’t eat it. Separate these types of vegetables in the end.
You can follow the recipe below.
- 400 g Breast chicken
- 500 ml Water
- Onion and spring onions
- Garlic cloves
- White pepper powder
- Wash chicken with hot water
- Put water in a pan and boil it on high heat and put breast chicken in it.
- Add onion, spring onion Ginger, Carrots, Garlic cloves and let it boil for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove chickens and all the vegetables
- Chop chicken and onion and add them in the soup.
- Add salt and white pepper powder according to your taste and stir it well.
- Now your soup is ready to serve.