Turmeric is everywhere on the internet because of its health benefits. Maybe you are too curious about how to use turmeric. If you are then you are in the right place.
Turmeric has numerous benefits on health such as
- Powerful medicinal properties
- Anti-inflammatory property
- Lower brain disease risk
- Increases antioxidants.
- Lower heart disease risk
There several ways to use turmeric. Here are some ideas about using turmeric. These are really simple some of these you may have tried.
1. Add to liquid
The most popular way to use turmeric with milk in India it’s called “haldi doodh”. It is used to heal cut or burning sensation.
But you can use turmeric with water too. Just add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to water or milk and drink it. It is the easiest way to use turmeric.
Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder to one glass of milk. You can sweetener because it not taste that much good.
2. Make paste
Turmeric paste is also very easy to use. It best if you are suffering from cut or burn. Just directly place the paste on the affected area. It will relieve your pain and burning sensation.
Mix turmeric powder and water. Paste should not be too thick or thin. Make sure clean your hand before applying to the injured area with your hand.
If the wound is minor burn then you can add aloe ver paste. Mix equal amount of aloe vera and turmeric powder mix them and create a paste.
3. Use as a pill
You can use turmeric as a pill if it is not available nearby. Its dosage may vary with packaging. You can find these pill in a local grocery store in vitamines sections.
Check prices at Amazon
- Turmeric Plus, 1500mg – with BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract for Advanced Absorption – Made in USA
- Turmeric with Ginger | Bioperine for Enhanced Absorption
- Lamberts Turmeric Fast Release 60 Tablets
- Mason Natural Turmeric Capsules
4. use turmeric as a mask
Turmeric mask generally uses for glowing skin and it is super easy to make. Lots of people around the world use turmeric for glowing skin. It will also help you with acne.
- A teaspoon of turmeric
- A tablespoon of milk
- Few drops of raw honey
- Mix all the ingredients and make a paste.
- Apply to your face.
- Rinse your face with water after 30 minutes.
2. For acne-prone skin, you can use his recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons gram flour
- Mix all the ingredients with water and make a paste.
- Apply to the face and leave for 20 minutes. You can reduce time if you have pale skin otherwise it can make your skin yellow.
- Wash your skin and apply moisturizer.
- You can apply this face mask 1-2 times a week.
You can use turmeric with aloe vera, egg white, milk and almond, lemon and milk, Cornstarch And Honey Pack, etc.and can make a paste that is really good for your skin.
5. Use turmeric in your food
Most commonly turmeric used in foods. Just add one teaspoon to your meal. You can use 20-30g turmeric in your meal. There are some recipes ideas that you can use.
1. Make tea
Turmeric is very easy to use. You can use it as want. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory property.
So turmeric tea is better for flu-season.
- Take 1 cup of water and boil it.
- Take ½ – ½ tablespoon of turmeric and ginger and reduce heat slightly.
- Leave it for 10 minutes on simmer.
- Add honey and soy milk. This will make the taste softer.
- You can use some other sweetener instead of honey.
2. Make its soup
This is not the most famous way to use turmeric but you can make its delicious soup.
Turmeric soup gives you plenty amount of vitamins due to the addition of other vegetables.
- 2 inches pieces of fresh turmeric
- One and a half tablespoon of ginger.
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- diced carrot
- cups of the vegetable stick.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- A lemon
- Heat about one tablespoon of olive oil but don’t overheat.
- Add onion and sauté them well for 2 minutes
- Add ginger, turmeric, and garlic and sauté them well for two minutes.
- Add carrots and sauté them for another 2 minutes.
- After all that add vegetables and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- After that with the help of blender blend them well.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon on the top of the juice
- Serve soup.
3. Use it with rice
You can use it with rice for dinner or lunch. It will take 30-40 minute.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-inch pieces of peeled ginger.
- 1-1 teaspoon of water, ground cumin, and garam masala.
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- ½ – ½ teaspoon of ground coriander and salt.
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro and coarsely chopped.
- 800g of chopped tomatoes.
- 500g of beans rinsed and drained.
- You can add yogurt if you want to.
Time to make
- Make a paste of onion garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in the pan and add cumin, coriander, and garam masala. Fry for 2 minutes and stir it frequently until it turned brown or fragrant.
- Add paste and cook for 2 minutes, stir it so its most of the water evaporated.
- Add tomatoes, salt, beans, and cilantro.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Serve it over rice.