Everyone’s sex desire going up and down over the year. This fluctuation can be due to a major change in life or relationship.
However, nobody wants to talk about it. If this lack of interest in sex continues for a long time, and cause personal distress, then this called Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD).
If you are bothered by this medical condition, this can be due to your lifestyle, but there are some sexual technique, and some lifestyle changes, that can put you in the mood.[showhide more_text=”Show Content” less_text=”Hide Content” hidden=”no”]
- Symptoms Low sex drive
- Causes of low sex drive or low libido in women
- Causes of low sex drive or low libido in men
- Some facts about sex drive
- The major symptom of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) is you have no or very low interest in sex.
- You want sex less often than your partner does.
- You have no interest in sexual activity like masturbation.
- You have very few or never, sexual thought or fantasies.
In short, we can say that if you have very low or no interest in sex with your partner or with anyone else and you are concerned about that problem, then this is the time to change your lifestyle or to meet the doctor.
There can be many causes of low sex drive i men and women some them are discussed below.
- Medical disease – Many medical diseases over which are not related to sex can affect your sex such as high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, cancer, arthritis, and neurological disease.
- Sexual – If you feel pain during sex and can’t have the orgasm. This can reduce your interest in sex
- Medication – Certain medication that you are taking, especially antidepressants and blood pressure meds can also lower your sex drive.
- Lifestyle – Some lifestyle habit can also affect your sex drives like too much alcohol and smoking.
- Surgery – Any surgery related to your genitals and breast can affect your body sexual function.
- Menopause – Transition to menopause, estrogen level drops and this can make you less interested in sex. It can also dry your vaginal tissues which can lead to uncomfortable during sex and can also make sex painful. Although, only some women find this problem during menopause.
- Pregnancy – During the pregnancy hormones change and during breastfeeding can also lower your sex drive. The pressure of caring for a new baby and fatigue can also affect your sex drive.
- Mental cause – Your state of mind also plays a big role in your sexual desire. Some mental causes are poor body image, anxiety, depression, and previous bad sexual experiences, etc.
- Relationship issue – This can be the main cause of the lack of sexual drive in women because an emotional connection with the partner is very important for women. Women can only be interested in sex, with someone if she has a strong emotional connection with him. The decrease in the interest in sex can be caused by relationship issues like lack of connection and trust with your partner, unresolved fight and poor communication of sexual needs are the main reasons for this.
- Not getting enough sleep – A study by the Journal of Sexual Medicine in 2015 found that for women more sleep can be led to better arousal and higher sex desire. Just one more hour of sleep can increase engagement in sexual activity by 14%.
- Lack of exercise – In a study, it is found that exercise helps you to maintain a balance between your body and hormones. Lack of exercise can decrease in the testosterone and libido.
These are some common cause of low sexual desire in men.
- Age – The testosterone level in men fluctuates with age. It is at the highest peak when men in their late teen. As you get older it may take longer to ejaculate and orgasm.
- The decrease in testosterone level – Testosterone is the most important hormone which is directly related to libido. Testosterone is produced in the testicles. Although it decreases with age. But a drastic decrease in testosterone decrease libido which results in a decrease in sexual desire.
- Medications – Certain medications that you are taking can lower testosterone level, which decreases in libido. A medication which can decrease testosterone level may include the hormone which is used to treat prostate cancer, antifungal medication, anabolic steroids, chemotherapy treatments for cancer. You should switch these medications only by after taking advice from your doctor.
- RLS (Restless legs syndrome) – RLS is an uncontrollable urge to move your legs. In the study, found that men with RLS are at a higher risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Depression – Depression decreases the interest not only in sex but in all the activity. Depression affects the life of the person greatly. It decreases the interest in the activity, once you found pleasurable. Some anti-depressant can also lower libido such as fluoxetine, sertraline, duloxetine (Cymbalta), etc. If you are facing the problem of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder then you should talk to the doctor.
- Illness – You are affected by the chronical medical disease this can result in reductions in libido. These may include obesity, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc.
- Not getting enough sleep – In a study by the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, it is found that men who are not getting enough sleep experience a low level of testosterone which can lead to a decrease in libido. In another study, found that if sleep restricted to 5 hours per day for a week can lower the testosterone hormone level by 10 to 15%.
- Stress – It also plays a big role in your sexual desire. It may decrease your sex drive because stress can disrupt your hormone balance. Stress narrow arteries, which restrict blood flow and can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Alcohol – Heavy alcohol drinking for a long time can reduce the production of testosterone. It is suggested that an adult should have no more than two alcoholic beverages daily.
Recommended for your
- 19 Best Sex Positions For Better Orgasm
- What is the average penis size? Does it matter?
- Masturbation | Effects, Benefits, Techniques, Facts and Other Aspects
These are some home remedies and medication that can help you to treat it naturally.
Exercise regularly can help to prevent many diseases, more than that it also boosts testosterone level.
It was proved in a study published in 2012 that people who did physical exercise on a regular basis have higher testosterone levels than those who led a sedentary life at the same.
It’s not just any type of exercise that will work. Deadlift, squats, pull ups and bench presses that all will work.
But remember too much training may drop in testosterone level.
2. Keep stress level minimum
The level of testosterone depends on stress level too. If you are suffering from long term stress, the level of stress hormone (cortisol) goes up.
The higher the level of cortisol lowers the level of testosterone. You should concentrate on regular exercise, a healthy diet, and laughter. This will help you to keep your cortisol level minimum and increase the level of testosterone.
3. Follow a diet rich in fat, carbohydrates, and protein
Overeating can disrupt your testosterone level production. You should take a balanced diet and diet should include carbohydrate, fat, and protein.
Protein builds your muscles, skin, blood, and bones. Protein is used to build hormone included testosterone. Carbohydrates used to optimize testosterone level.
Sufficient amount of fats is also very important. Try to take foods which are a balance of carbs, protein, and fats.
4. Take a vitamin D supplement
You should get enough sunlight because your body makes vitamin D with reacting sunlight. vitamin D has lots of health benefits and it also acts as a natural booster of testosterone.
In a year-long study in 2011, some interesting facts discovered, a dose vitamin D3 of approximately 3000IU in a day increase the testosterone level by 25%.
You should make sure that you are getting 3000IU daily by spending 15-20 min in sunlight or by taking a vitamin D3 supplement.
5. Get enough sleep
Getting a proper amount of sleep in very necessary condition to feel sexually healthy.
If a person slept no longer than 5 hours per night his testosterone level decrease by 15%. And every additional hour of sleep can boost your testosterone level by 15%.
6. Take a sufficient amount of vitamin supplementation and minerals
Minerals and vitamin can also increase your testosterone level, for example, Magnesium supplements can restore the level of testosterone if the cause of the drop in this is minerals. Shortage of zinc an also lowers the level of testosterone.
You can get magnesium and zinc from fruits, leafy green, and whole grain contains magnesium and pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc.
Alphaviral contains scientifically proven natural ingredients. Half of them are specifically for increasing sex drive.
And this work for both men and women of all ages, but women need a lower dose. It is good for both for your sex and health
8. Natural testosterone booster
There are lots of herbs and spices which can boost your testosterone level naturally. And best known for, this is Ashwagandha and Ginger.
It can increase testosterone level by 17% and sperm by 167% and can lower the stress hormone by 25%.
Ginger not only boost the level of testosterone but also boost other sex hormones
9. Minimize the plastic exposure
You should reduce plastic exposure to the minimum level. You may consider a home water filtration system. Don’t eat or drink from plastic containers, especially if they are heated.
You take a lunch box and a bottle of Borosil.
10. Stay away from drugs and alcohol.
One peg of wine may increase your testosterone level, but excessive use of alcohol decreases your testosterone level. Drugs are also very bad for testosterone, so stay away from them.
10. Review your medication
The most common reason for the decline in testosterone level is medication.
When your doctor prescribes medication you can be sure that it will help to deal with a particular medication health condition. But medication is the most common reason to decrease in testosterone level.
In the report of BMC Medical State publish that medication for reducing cholesterol operate partially by decrease the testosterone level.
If you are confirming that your testosterone level decrease by using these medications then you should inform your doctor.
11. Lose weight
According to several studies, there is a link between body weight and testosterone level.
Men who are on the heavy side have less testosterone than those who weight within the normal range.
In the report, it is published that males aged 14 to 20 have 50% less testosterone.
Especially for women
These tow are specially for women.
12. Hormone therapy
Dryness and shrinking of the vagina can make sex uncomfortable for women and reduce your desire for sex.
Estrogen may help you relive fro vaginal problem, but it does not help to get rid of hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
Estrogen may present in vaginal cream, pills, patch, and gel. But ask your doctor about the risk and benefits each of them.
But male hormone such as testosterone help in female sexual function.
13. Use lubricants
For making sex more pleasurable add lubricants. It reduces friction, irritation, and discomfort. You can use official lubricant from the drug store or household like mustard oil, coconut oil.
Recommended for you
If you haven’t these things you can buy from Amazon or offline store. Just click here. At least you can check their prices,
- Sleep tracker – This will track your sleep during the night and give you feedback in the morning.
- vitamin D supplement – If you are not getting enough Vitamin D or not have and exposure to sunlight then you can try this.
- AlphaViril – This increases your sex drive. It is a natural testosterone booster. This will be guaranteed to help you.
- Lubricant – This will make your sex more pleasurable. If you feel pain during sex then this is for you.
- Lunch box – By using borosil lunch box you can decrease your plastic exposure.
- Most men think about sex at least one time a day. Men fantasize twice than women do.
- Masturbate rate is smaller in women. About two third men masturbate and about 40% of women masturbate. And the frequency of masturbation in women is also smaller than men.
- Straight men can be turned on by male-female, and female-female sex, but women can be turned on by male-female, male-male, female-female sex.
- 31% of men and 43% of women have experienced sexual dysfunction.
- In a recent U.S. study, it is found 36% of women had low sexual desire and 8% of women distress about having a low desire.
- In the same study, it is found that 10% of men have sexual dysfunctioning in their forties, but 80% of men will experience till 70.
- The researcher estimates that 16 Million women 50 and older have a low sex drive.
Lack of sex drive or sex drive is caused by mainly due to a lifestyle like stress, relationship issue, and lack of connection.
If you want to solve this problem most importantly, discuss this with your partner and you can easily solve this problem.
And apply these tips to your sex life you will definitely feel better. You are not alone who facing these problems there are millions of people who are facing.[showhide type=”links” more_text=”(+5)Source” less_text=”(-)Source”]
Everyday Health “Understanding Low Libido” “https://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/low-libido.aspx”
Mayo clinic “Low sex drive in women ” “https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/low-sex-drive-in-women/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20374561”
Health line “9 Ways For Men to Improve Sexual Performance” “https://www.healthline.com/health/male-sexual-performance”
MedicalNewsToday “10 ways to boost libido” “https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323918.php”
HealthLine “9 Ways For Men to Improve Sexual Performance” “https://www.healthline.com/health/male-sexual-performance”